MY SOLUTION: Sign up every used car dealer in America to a massive rental program. One company, nationwide, millions of cars in stock.
The majority of stock on a used car lot sits there taking up space, costing, not making money. Rent it out.
- If you put 1000 miles on a new car on your lot it would negatively affect the sales price, but a used car can take that without having to drop the price.
- It's also an incentive for a used car buyer to 'buy today', because at any minute someone could rent it and drive it one way to Florida.
- One way trips could be worked out as a sale for wholesale price... or the central system could could notify all dealers in the destination city and they could bid on the sale...
- Small towns that couldn't support a car rental would now have one.
- Potential buyers could rent a vehicle for a week before purchase. The longer you have a vehicle in your driveway, the more likely you are to purchase.